Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Union


President Obama's State of the Union Address is to be held tonight. Lots of talk about the middle class out there on the news and blogs today. What do I think? I know you didn't ask - but I am saying it anyway. To me, trying to save the middle class is like trying to save the dinosaurs. It is a moot point, because - like the dinosaurs - the middle class is already gone. Whatever is left of the middle class is just a facade. There are rich and there are definitely poor - but the middle class is artificially propped up. The whole house of cards is precariously balanced - to be toppled easily by one lost paycheck, one more drop in home values, or the ever falling values of 401Ks.

When I think of dinosaurs - I definitely think of Dino from the Flintstones (picture above). But, I also think of a Saturday morning favorite of mine from the 1970s - Land of the Lost. It was a bizarre show - but I was fascinated by it. I am not including any clips of that terrible movie based on the show with Will Farrell. I am including a snippet from the Saturday series below:


No comments:

Post a Comment